Each life brings in itself episodes of grief and loss.
Oftentimes, after crisis, setbacks, failures, and loss, most individuals find themselves stuck in a tussle of melancholy and finding a way out of it . Grief is as individual, just like life, meaning we all have our own ways of dealing with it.
However, the intensity of Grief depends on the following:
- Relationship held with the person or the relation held, which now no longer exist
- The cause ,which could be a prolonged unresolved issue,or a sudden onset of crisis
- The actual event which can be on the contrary the best thing in that given context .
In any case, the way a human being is built, it takes some amount of time for any individual to come to terms with reality.
Therefore, the 3 key things to remember, to avoid being stuck in Grief is
- Every individual experience grief and loss at various phases of life , it can be both minor or major
- Grief is not confine to a particular set of people,gender or type, it is univeral ,everyone experiences it
- Grief is unique, just like no single individual share their finger prints with anyone , so is the experience of grief
There are no set rules for how one should grieve.Mehnaz Amjad
But when Grief begins to cascade, impacting other areas of life, ranging from broken relationships to frustrating careers choices, when Life overwhelms from every nook and corner, then it is time to get help.
Feel SAFE to connect for any help.
(c)Mehnaz Amjad 2021
About the Author: Mehnaz Amjad is a Life Coach, a CBT Practitioner, Founder of Guide & Advice which offers Coaching to both individuals and organizations. Connect