In this blog post today, I want to reverse our roles.
I want to ask you ,based on my ongoing coaching experiences and want you to share your thoughts with me generously.
In the past few months, the number of prospects and clients I’ve been working with , I found most of them running a very busy schedule ,but it was not just the busy schedule that kept my clients at an edge, there was more than what met the eye.
So, I sat down and ran a deep dive analysis of each case and found very similar pattern of behavior, listing just few out of the many so that you could relate .
- Finding it difficult to articulate one’s issues
- Coaching sessions conflicting with other important tasks at hand
- Disconnecting from the flow of work(Flow here is referred to experiencing change through coaching)
As a Coach, my idea is to design new ideas, which then can provide my clients not just ease but effective ways of bring in profound changes in life , which led to the idea of e-coaching.
The Idea is
- To run coaching as a hybrid model
- The hybrid model consist of phone calls in the initial stages for first 2 or 3 sessions ,and then the sessions move into a email correspondence mode .
- E-mail correspondence mode where the client and Coach (Me) will interact over email. Work ,assignments are shared and responses sought from the coachee(client) only via email.
- During the course of coaching tenure , the Coach will also monitor progress and may share feedback as required via email.
- Towards the end of the sessions , the coaching is then shifted from email to phone calls to ensure a smooth closure.
The Intention & Purpose of this model is
- To provide more flexibility to clients (Coachees)
- To provide a safe haven (space) to express and share , it is found that expressing it through writing is more effective than conveying it over the phone. However this does not mean, if one feels more convenient to talk, one could any day choose a phone call over an email , its completely flexible.
- It gives more time to reflect and complete the assignments
Though this new model is open and available to all , for the existing clients ,if they prefer the online (Phone) call coaching method only, will be coached the way they want .
Your Thoughts ?
If you are my existing client ,a former client or a new prospect, regardless of who you are , do let me know your thoughts on this model, I’m keen to hearing back from you all.
(c)Mehnaz Amjad 2021